The “Middle Eastern Dance Academy” Operates out of the following locations:
- Viva! Dance and Fitness Center for the Arts, LLC
243 Captain Thomas Blvd West Haven, CT 06516
(This is our HOME OFFICE. Its actually our building)
- HEART & SOLE DANCE STUDIO
130 Scott Rd. Waterbury, CT 06705
(Saturdays ONLY: Sessions hosted by series. Please call for the next start date.)
Group Sessions for adults are held 3xs a week by the Middle Eastern Dance Academy CT Instructors in West Haven, CT!! We offer one class a week on Saturdays in Waterbury, CT.
**Kelvia teaches an Intro to Belly Dance on Monday at 6:45pm, a Foundations Belly Dance Technique Class on Tuesdays at 7:30pm, and Foundations Class on Saturdays. **
~~Please see our schedule or visit Kelvia’s Dance Center’s website for all the program offerings www.vivadancefitness.com~~~
Enrollments & Rates (West Haven, CT Location ONLY):
Where: Middle Eastern Dance Academy of CT/ Viva Dance & Fitness Center
243 Captain Thomas Blvd West Haven, CT
When: Classes are held on Mondays, Tuesdays, & Wednesdays,
Drop in: rate per class is $15.
Group Class Card: If you plan on being a regular “drop in member” of the dance center, but your schedule does not permit you to commit to a monthly membership…… then we have just the thing!!
- 16 Group Class card for $216 (thats $13.50 a class)
- 8 Group Class Card for $112 (thats $14 a class)
You can pay off this card off in up to 2 installments. This allows you to drop into ANY of our dance classes at a discounted rate, whenever your schedule permits.
Note: The 16 group card has an expiration of 6months, and the 8 group card has an expiration of 3months for them to be utilized.
Monthly Dance Enrollments: For those who wish to take their dance training consistently we have several options for you!
- $160 for an ALL ACCESS PASS to the MDA which includes ALL classes within the Viva Dance Center (hip hop, Tahitian, Zumba, Bollywood fitness, latin dancing, African Dance Fitness, Dancer Flexibility Training, and more!!)
- $140 for an Unlimited Dance ONLY monthly pass.
- Belly Dance ONLY pack: $120 a month.
- $95 per month for TWO classes a week.
- $50 per month for ONE class a week.
- Add $20 per month to any of these program if you would like to include the Urban Arts upgrade (Dancehall, Heels Dance class, Break dancing, or Twerk class).
Your monthly memberships allows you to become a well-rounded dancer in not just Belly Dance, but other dance styles which can be used to enhance your overall dance ability. This is an all inclusive Dance & Fitness experience at a community price!!
- Ask about “Sibling Discounts” package deals (must live in the same household).
- Mommy and Me ALL ACCESS PASS $200 per month.
- Kids/Teens currently enrolled in the Middle Eastern Dance Academy kids dance program, are able to participate in ALL the adult classes as well for FREE!! Kid Memberships are $100 per month for ALL CLASSES under VIVA and the MDA.
Enrollments & Rates (Waterbury, CT Location):
Where: Heart & Sole Dance Studio
130 Scott Rd. Waterbury, CT 06570
When: Classes are held on Saturday Mornings at 11am. Some Wednesday nights with prior notice to the class.
Drop in: rate per class is $20.
These sessions run by appointment only. They are a pay as you go system. Sessions are $20 each. Please call to reserve your spot in our next session is.
Private Lessons are available by appointment ONLY.
* Discounts available for student who purchase a private lesson class card of 8 sessions.
* Ask about our Private and Group lesson combo pack!!
“I’ve never had an instructor that has been so inspiring and supportive. She has motivated me to better myself as a dancer and has even given me the confidence to strive to be a professional dancer, which I have never considered previously.”~Emily “Kaia” Torla
“Kelvia is an instructor who’s passion for the art of belly dance is openly shared with her students. Classes are always motivational, uplifting and positive. As her student, each class continuously challenges me and always a resource of information of the Middle Eastern dance.” ~ Ines Nieves
About Kelvia’s Mixed Level Foundations Belly Dance Class:
This dance class is Technique based while having a cardio focus. Our goal is to provide the required training and opportunities for students to learn all the essentials of becoming a belly dancer. The class instruction is given in a mixed level forum. From beginner to the advanced student, there is something for every level.
Classes will include:
- Dance drills introduction to Arabic rhythms
- Different belly dance styles mixed level combinations.
- Some prop work (intro to Veil, finger cymbals, sword balancing, etc.)
- Mechanics of movements, and creative application elements
- Elegant Arm work, and layering movements
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW & ENROLL TODAY!!! SHAKE THE WORLD!! JOIN THE MDA!